The Georgia Historic Preservation Division has produced and compiled various technical resources to aid the public in preserving Georgia's historic properties. See below for a full list of resources.
Guidelines produced by HPD
- Conditions Assessment Report Guidelines
- Historic Structure Report Guidelines
- How to Select a Preservation Consultant or Contractor
- Master Plan for a Historic Site Guidelines
- Preparing Historic District Design Guidelines
- Preservation Plan Guidelines
- Structural Assessment Report Guidelines
DNR Standards for Rehabilitation
- Hurricane Preparedness Tips for Cultural Institutions
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency
- National Hurricane Center
- Ready Georgia
Photo Documentation of Historic Properties
Learn the proper techniques and guidelines for taking photographs of historic buildings for the tax incentive programs.
Project Planning - Photo Documentation
A Quick Look at Historic Building Rehabilitation Issues, July 2011
Energy Efficiency and Historic Buildings, by William Hover, Architectural Reviewer.
This article will help you make logical and smart choices about energy efficiency and historic buildings.
Fire Ratings of Archaic Materials and Assemblies - produced by HUD.
Prepared for HUD by the National Institute of Building Sciences, this publication should be useful to design consultants, building code officials, and other individuals addressing code compliance challenges in historic buildings.
- The Conservation and Preservation of Tabby: A Symposium on Historic Building Material in the Coastal Southeast - 1998
- After the Flood: Rehabilitating Historic Resources - 1996
- After the Flood: Rebuilding Communities Through Historic Preservation - 1997
- Preservation 101: Architectural Review
- Watch After the Flood: Rebuilding Communities Through Historic Preservation - Georgia Public Broadcasting.
- Moving historic buildings - June 2010
- Is Living in a Historic House Right for You? - May 2010
- A Quick Look at Historic Building Rehabilitation Issues: Alterations - June 2011
- A Quick Look at Historic Building Rehabilitation Issues: Plaster - November 2010
- A Quick Look at Historic Building Rehabilitation Issues: Windows - August 2010
- My house is old and full of mold! What should I do? - January 2011
- Asbestos - Don't Panic! - March 2010
- Lead-Paint - Don't Panic! - February 2010
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation
- Secretary of Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Preservation Briefs - The National Park Service
- NPS Technical Preservation Services Online Training
- NPS Technical Preservation Services
- Technical Preservation Services publications
- 12 Restoration Blunders
- NPS: Interpreting The Standards
- Preservation Tech Notes
Who to contact:
Molly McLamb, Tax Incentives Architectural Reviewer and Specialist