The Historic Preservation Fund (HPF) Grant program is appropriated annually from Congress through the National Park Service to the states. HPD reserves 10 percent of each year's appropriation for grants to Certified Local Governments (CLGs). The 60/40 matching grants enable cities, towns, and rural areas to undertake projects that aid in the preservation of historic properties.
Current Grant Cycle
The 2020 HPF grant cycle is now closed. View the list of 2020 grantees here.
Previous Application Documents
- Eligibility Information (pdf)
- Survey and Planning Grant Package (docx)
- Predevelopment Grant Package (docx)
- Development Grant Package (docx)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Archaeology and Rehabilitation of Historic Properties
- HPD's Technical Assistance articles
- National Register District Nomination HPF Grant Application Guidance (pdf)
- Example Scope of Work for a National Register Nomination (pdf)
- Example Scope of Work for Historic Resources Survey (pdf)
Who to contact:
Allison Asbrock, Outreach Program Manager