During the 1994 Legislative Session, the Georgia General Assembly initiated appropriations for grant funding for the preservation of historic properties in Georgia. Since that time, the Georgia Heritage Grant Program, administered through the Historic Preservation Division (HPD), has provided seed money for the preservation of historic properties and archaeological sites throughout the state. The Program offers matching funds on a statewide competitive basis to local governments and nonprofit organizations for the preservation of Georgia Register-eligible historic properties. Currently, this grant program is funded solely from preservation license plate  sales revenue.
See the Georgia Heritage Grant Program Fact Sheet  for more.
2017 Georgia Heritage Grants
The SFY 2017 grant cycle has now closed.
Who to contact...
Allison Asbrock, Outreach Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org , or 770-389-7868
- Archaeology and Rehabilitation of Historic Properties : (must meet Standards)
- HPD's Technical Assistance  articles.
- On the Road Again! For Georgia Heritage Grants  - January 2011
- Georgia Heritage Grant to Tybee Theater is Catalyst for More Funding  - Sept. 2010
- Tybee Theater completes Phase 1 of project funded by license plate  - Jan. 2010